Values statement and Code of Conduct
PASEA brings together people from all over the world. The members of PASEA affirm and promote the inherent worth and dignity of every person, and equity and compassion in all human relations. We have many things in common across our different backgrounds, and we all bring important and beautiful ideas and experiences, that deserve to be valued by each other. We believe bringing our ideas together in collaboration will lead to more than any of us can accomplish alone.
We will sometimes have differences in opinions, ideas and values. This can be fruitful and productive, if we all feel comfortable to express ourselves. To help create an environment where all of us can feel comfortable, safe and encouraged to participate, we have created these guidelines for all of us in PASEA, which includes all instructors, students and staff.
- Treating others with dignity, compassion, politeness, and consideration.
- Being aware of cultural differences and respecting these differences.
- Being aware that the meaning of your words may be understood by others differently than the way that you intend.
- Being respectful of others’ right to express their views, even if you disagree.
- Managing conflict with others in a respectful way.
Any kind of racist behaviour or speech will not be tolerated.
If you feel uncomfortable or unsafe for any reason or at any point during the PASEA program, we encourage you to come and speak to any of the instructors, and we will work to address it.
If the instructors judge any person’s behaviour to be inappropriate for the school, we reserve the right to send the person(s) involved home.